Bid to redevelop Romford shop into large workspace and five-bedroom home
- Credit: Google
Plans have been submitted to turn a modest Romford shop and dwelling into an expansive workspace with a five-bedroom home on top.
The proposals intend to drastically extend the Mawney Road property, adding a double-storey side extension plus a part single, part double rear extension.
Currently comprised of a shop area, three rooms and a toilet, applicant Avinash Tiwari has asked Havering Council for permission to reimagine the ground floor and turn it into a space with an office, meeting room, three "cabins", two toilets, a pantry, a reception and workstations.
The first floor would also undergo major amendments. Under the plans, its two bedrooms, one bathroom and kitchen/dining area would be reworked into five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a living/dining area, and a kitchen.
While it is currently unclear what business will be situated in the ground floor, it is not intended to continue as a shop.
Avinash Tiwari is noted in the application documents with the companies Tewari Investments Limited and Scientific Designs, which also contributed to the plans.
Mr Tiwari was approached for comment.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 6 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
View the plans using P0302.22.