Homes under the Planner: Proposals lodged, approved or refused in Havering
- Credit: Google Maps
Interested in what developments are in the works across Havering?
Here is a round up of planning submissions and decisions in the borough over the last 30 days.
Please note that this list is non-exhaustive.
For more information on the proposals below, and a full list of all applications, visit the council’s planning portal.
READ MORE: Major 972-home development approved
What: This application seeks to install timber pergola, festoon lights and a picket fence and arbour in the front garden of the Aspen Tree pub.
Where: 73 Gobions Avenue, Collier Row, RM5 3SP
When: Application received - March 10 / Target decision date - May 11
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 6 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
Further information: The proposal also includes plans for a new children's play area.
What: This application sought to turn a vacant former police station into a pizza delivery and takeaway, complete with a new shop front, an extraction flue, external alterations and a storage area.
Where: 84-86 Straight Road, Harold Hill, RM3 8AB
When: Notice of refusal given - April 5
More information: Fears over noise and disturbance caused by increases in traffic entering and leaving the premises was cited as a reason for refusal, as was the prospect of vehicles parking and manoeuvring during the evening hours of operation.
What: This application seeks to turn a newly designated brownfield site into a private Gypsy and Traveller caravan site, comprising of four static mobile homes, a dayroom, hardstanding's and associated ancillary works.
Where: Rosewood, 70 Lower Bedfords Road, Romford, RM1 4DG
When: Application received - April 4 / Target decision date - May 30
More information: Previous applications have been refused.
Havering Council has since updated its Local Plan and the Gravel Pit Coppice site has been designated as a brownfield site.
READ MORE: Bid to redevelop Romford shop into workspace
What: This application sought to change a Dwellings estate agents into a hot food takeaway.
Where: 8 Station Road, Gidea Park, RM2 6DA
When: Notice of refusal given - April 6
More information: Concerns about noise and disturbance - caused by customers entering and leaving the premises - was cited as a reason for refusal.
What: This application proposes the replacement and reconfiguration of a 558sqm mezzanine, for use as a veterinary surgery and an animal grooming facility or retail space.
Where: Unit 5, Gallows Corner Retail Park, RM3 0AD
When: Application submitted - March 24 / Target decision date - May 19