Search

House fire in Patricia Drive, Hornchurch, after cupboard is set alight

PUBLISHED: 07:45 03 May 2016 | UPDATED: 07:59 03 May 2016

Two families were forced into emergency accommodation after a suspected arson in Barking yesterday

Two families were forced into emergency accommodation after a suspected arson in Barking yesterday

Archant

Firefighters attended a house fire in Hornchurch after a cupboard was set alight.

The fire brigade was called at 7.30pm last night after reports of a fire at a semi-detached house in Patricia Drive, Hornchurch.

Two fire engines from Hornchurch and Dagenham stations attended the scene.

They found a cupboard in a bedroom on the first floor had caught fire, possibly because of a cigarette butt.

There were no injuries and there are no further investigation.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Romford Recorder