Hospice domestic Tony Doree cleans up in Havering hospice lottery
- Credit: Archant
A St Francis Hospice domestic has cleaned up in the charity’s lottery.
Tony Doree, 64, who has been cleaning wards since 2004, took the £1,000 first prize last week.
Trish Knox, domestic team manager at the hospice, said: “Tony’s brilliant! He’s so reliable and everybody loves him. We get lots of nice comments from patients about how clean the hospice is and Tony’s hard work helps us keep it that way.”
First-time winner Tony, who’s been playing the lottery since 2011, said: “I’m not what you would call a serial winner!”
He added: “It’s really good to know that your work is appreciated by patients, families and staff.”
You may also want to watch:
You can sign up at www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433 to buy tickets, or visit any hospice shop to buy either a lottery gift voucher as a present or a one week entry for £1.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project