Hornchurch woman loses ten stone in a year
A woman who went from a size 28 to 16 has been named as Hornchurch Slimming World’s Woman Of The Year.
Sue Barber lost ten stone in a year after attending Slimming World based at the Fairkytes Arts Centre in Billet Lane.
Sue, 44 said: “I am so happy, I feel as if I have got my life back, but I couldn’t have done it without Slimming World.”
The mother of two signed up to Slimming World after she made the decision that she needed to take action after piling on the pounds over the years.
The diet saw Sue combining a healthy lifestyle with plenty of support from Slimming World consultant Maureen Hawken.
You may also want to watch:
Sue, who plans to lose more weight, has now started helping out at the club.
She said: “I feel so fantastic, I am healthier and I feel better.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
“I am helping out at the club because I feel that it is important to inspire others.”
Sue is now set to compete with other women across the country who have lost weight with Slimming World.