Hornchurch win battle, Romford bow out
Mixed fortunes for rivals
Hornchurch maintained their excellent away form with a 3-1 win at Ryman Premier Division rivals Hastings.
But Romford were knocked out of the Ryman League Cup after a 4-1 defeat at Maldon.
Urchins kept the pressure on leaders Billericay, after netting two goals in a minute midway through the first half.
Frankie Curley set up Martin Tuohy for a simple finish, before Lewis Smith doubled the advantage with a fine strike.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Hunt chipped a third goal on 71 minutes, before Zac Attwood claimed a late consolation for the home side.
Urchins are in action again tomorrow night when they welcome Carshalton to Bridge Avenue.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Boro fell behind after only 13 minutes at Maldon when old boy Joe Pearman volleyed home.
And they were left up against after Leon Antoine and Ollie Berquez added further goals to put Maldon 3-0 up just past the hour mark.
Hyun-Jin Lee headed home from Abs Seymour’s cross with seven minutes left, but Nick Reynolds saw his penalty, awarded for handball, hit the foot of a post soon after.
And Maldon rubbed salt into the wounds with a late fourth from former Hornchurch striker Sos Yao.