Hornchurch wait for Trophy draw
Urchins through, but Boro bow out
Hornchurch are eagerly awaiting today’s FA Trophy first round draw after their 3-0 success at Bideford on Saturday.
Jonathan Hunt hit the crossbar in a goalless first half, but Rickie Hayles broke the deadlock in Devon midway through the second half, touching home a Dave Collis corner.
Captain Elliot Styles doubled the Urchins lead in the 80th minute, heading in from Hunt’s corner.
And Tommy Black sealed victory - and �4,000 in prize money - with a fine finish two minutes from time to make it a happy trip back to Essex for Jimmy McFarlane’s men.
You may also want to watch:
The news was not so good for Romford, meanwhile, as they fell to a 3-0 defeat at Boreham Wood.
Ali Chaaban put Conference South Wood in front after only five minutes and brave Boro conceded again before half time as Matt Toms deflected Chaaban’s cross into his own net.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Wood made sure 10 minutes from time when Sam Hurrell’s free-kick found the far corner of the net.
Hornchurch return to Ryman Premier Division action against Tooting tomorrow night, while Romford are in Division One North action against Great Wakering.