Hornchurch wait for Trophy draw
Urchins through, but Boro bow out
Hornchurch are eagerly awaiting today’s FA Trophy first round draw after their 3-0 success at Bideford on Saturday.
Jonathan Hunt hit the crossbar in a goalless first half, but Rickie Hayles broke the deadlock in Devon midway through the second half, touching home a Dave Collis corner.
Captain Elliot Styles doubled the Urchins lead in the 80th minute, heading in from Hunt’s corner.
And Tommy Black sealed victory - and �4,000 in prize money - with a fine finish two minutes from time to make it a happy trip back to Essex for Jimmy McFarlane’s men.
You may also want to watch:
The news was not so good for Romford, meanwhile, as they fell to a 3-0 defeat at Boreham Wood.
Ali Chaaban put Conference South Wood in front after only five minutes and brave Boro conceded again before half time as Matt Toms deflected Chaaban’s cross into his own net.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 7 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
Wood made sure 10 minutes from time when Sam Hurrell’s free-kick found the far corner of the net.
Hornchurch return to Ryman Premier Division action against Tooting tomorrow night, while Romford are in Division One North action against Great Wakering.