Hornchurch wait for Trophy draw
Urchins through, but Boro bow out
Hornchurch are eagerly awaiting today’s FA Trophy first round draw after their 3-0 success at Bideford on Saturday.
Jonathan Hunt hit the crossbar in a goalless first half, but Rickie Hayles broke the deadlock in Devon midway through the second half, touching home a Dave Collis corner.
Captain Elliot Styles doubled the Urchins lead in the 80th minute, heading in from Hunt’s corner.
And Tommy Black sealed victory - and �4,000 in prize money - with a fine finish two minutes from time to make it a happy trip back to Essex for Jimmy McFarlane’s men.
You may also want to watch:
The news was not so good for Romford, meanwhile, as they fell to a 3-0 defeat at Boreham Wood.
Ali Chaaban put Conference South Wood in front after only five minutes and brave Boro conceded again before half time as Matt Toms deflected Chaaban’s cross into his own net.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project
Wood made sure 10 minutes from time when Sam Hurrell’s free-kick found the far corner of the net.
Hornchurch return to Ryman Premier Division action against Tooting tomorrow night, while Romford are in Division One North action against Great Wakering.