Hornchurch turn focus to FA Trophy
Our guide to the weekend’s fixtures
FA Trophy, third qualifying round
Hornchurch v Bishop’s Stortford
It has been a difficult few weeks for Urchins.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy McFarlane’s injury-hit squad suffered a fifth successive defeat in Conference South last weekend.
And the fact it came at basement boys Truro City, after a 650-mile round trip to Cornwall, made it even harder to swallow.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 9 'My hero': Romford delivery driver wins award for keeping colleagues safe
- 10 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
McFarlane, having brought Nick McKoy, Rimmel Daniel and Duran Reynolds into the ranks recently, was hoping to add another new face before the weekend.
Urchins go up against a Stortford side led by former Aveley boss Rod Stringer, who suffered late FA Cup heartache against Hastings last weekend.
They find themselves towards the bottom of the Conference North table at present, with 12 points from 12 matches, but have several games in hand on their rivals.
Thurrock v Brackley Town
Fleet are also looking for a Trophy lift this weekend, after suffering league and cup losses over the past week.
Mark Stimson’s men went down 1-0 at Ryman Premier Division rivals Bognor last Saturday and suffered a 2-0 home defeat against Brentwood in the Essex Senior Cup on Tuesday.
That loss denied them the chance of a home date with League One side Colchester.
Ryman Division 1N
Aveley v Soham Town
Millers begin a difficult run of matches against Rangers.
Justin Gardner’s side had Luke Wilson sent off just 27 minutes into their clash with Heybridge last weekend and slipped to a 2-1 defeat.
They are currently fifth, but face Needham Market, Potters Bar, Tilbury and Witham later this month.
Waltham Abbey v Grays
Blues lost their summit meeting with Maldon last weekend, but bounced back to beat East Thurrock in the Essex Senior Cup in midweek.
They will hope to get their league campaign back on track at Capershotts, but Abbey were forced to postpone their clash with Romford on Tuesday due to a waterlogged pitch.