Hornchurch teenager is in the finals of Miss Teen Queen UK competition
A Hornchurch teenager is in the running to becoming Miss Teen Queen 2013 after making it to the finals.
Katherine O’Rourke, 15, has never done any professional modelling before, and her mum Erica said the experience has been a confidence boost for her.
The beauty pageant’s final is due to be held next year and prizes include an introduction to a modelling agency.
Erica said: “I am thrilled that she has made it through to the final and friends and family really rallied round to vote for her.
“This is a totally new experience for her. Teen Queen said she was a natural at her photo shoot and she would love to do some professional modelling at some stage.”
You may also want to watch:
The final is due to be held next year and contestants will be involved in fundraising for charity ahead of the finale.
Katherine previously danced at Danceworks until last year, home of dance group Diversity.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards