Hornchurch teenager is in the finals of Miss Teen Queen UK competition
A Hornchurch teenager is in the running to becoming Miss Teen Queen 2013 after making it to the finals.
Katherine O’Rourke, 15, has never done any professional modelling before, and her mum Erica said the experience has been a confidence boost for her.
The beauty pageant’s final is due to be held next year and prizes include an introduction to a modelling agency.
Erica said: “I am thrilled that she has made it through to the final and friends and family really rallied round to vote for her.
“This is a totally new experience for her. Teen Queen said she was a natural at her photo shoot and she would love to do some professional modelling at some stage.”
You may also want to watch:
The final is due to be held next year and contestants will be involved in fundraising for charity ahead of the finale.
Katherine previously danced at Danceworks until last year, home of dance group Diversity.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'