Hornchurch dance student chosen for National Youth Dance Company
- Credit: New City College
A student from Hornchurch has been selected to join a prestigious British youth dance company.
Kian Crowley, who is studying performing and production arts at the Ardleigh Green New City College campus in Hornchurch, was one of just 21 dancers chosen to join the UK’s flagship National Youth Dance Company of England.
He said: “I love performing for audiences as well as teaching dance, so to get this opportunity was amazing.
“It is a passion of mine and I hope in the future to become a dance teacher and share my love for dance.”
The dancer has won medals in the London Youth Games and Havering Games, and was presented with a Jack Petchey Achievement Award last year for running dance workshops for primary school children.
You may also want to watch:
College dance lecturer Jo Leahy added: “We're extremely proud of Kian getting a place in the National Youth Dance Company.
“It's a massive achievement as competition is really tough and he is one of only eight boys selected nationally.”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage