Hornchurch salon - The Hair Sanctuary - back open after car smashed through window
The Hornchurch salon which was closed due to a car crashing through its front window is open again today (Friday).
After a full day spent cleaning up the shop from the debris of Wednesday evening’s crash, when a silver BMW went through the Hornchurch Road salon’s front, The Hair Sanctuary has re-opened.
The impact scattered debris throughout the building, and destroyed its shop front.
Owner Helen Chapman said: “I’m very grateful for all the support I’ve had from our clients, my staff and all the local shopkeepers coming in and offering their support, it was really nice.
“It’s nice when you see the community pull together like that.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re just all so grateful that no one was hurt.”
The smash took place around 7.30pm on Wednesday – when the salon was closed - with ambulance, fire crews and police all called to the scene.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
One member of staff had left the salon minutes before the crash happened.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “Our staff treated one patient, reported to be a 35-year-old man for a head injury and an arm injury.
“He was then taken to Queen’s Hospital in Romford.”