Hornchurch salon - The Hair Sanctuary - back open after car smashed through window
The Hornchurch salon which was closed due to a car crashing through its front window is open again today (Friday).
After a full day spent cleaning up the shop from the debris of Wednesday evening’s crash, when a silver BMW went through the Hornchurch Road salon’s front, The Hair Sanctuary has re-opened.
The impact scattered debris throughout the building, and destroyed its shop front.
Owner Helen Chapman said: “I’m very grateful for all the support I’ve had from our clients, my staff and all the local shopkeepers coming in and offering their support, it was really nice.
“It’s nice when you see the community pull together like that.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re just all so grateful that no one was hurt.”
The smash took place around 7.30pm on Wednesday – when the salon was closed - with ambulance, fire crews and police all called to the scene.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 8 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
One member of staff had left the salon minutes before the crash happened.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “Our staff treated one patient, reported to be a 35-year-old man for a head injury and an arm injury.
“He was then taken to Queen’s Hospital in Romford.”