Hornchurch salon creates flame-haired looks for Havering’s torch relay
You’ve all heard of the Olympic flame now see the Olympic mane - a wacky winning hairdo created by a Hornchurch stylist to celebrate the flame’s historic journey through Havering on Sunday.
Bosses at The Vanilla Room, in High Street, challenged hairdressers to put their creative know-how to the test - and bring new meaning to the term ‘flame-haired’.
Georgie Tucker, a salon art director, won with her look, ‘Olympic Torch’ - a red-tipped Mohican.
Georgie said: “I’m a really creative hairdresser and love to keep trying out the newest looks. I can’t see my clients asking for this look in the salon, but who knows, if our athletes do well it might just catch on!”
Kerry Larcher, salon owner said: “The Olympic Torch competition has been fantastic fun, and stylists from both our Hornchurch and Brentwood salons have really enjoyed taking part.
You may also want to watch:
“The Vanilla Room prides itself on the creative excellence of its hair team, and competitions like this are just one way we like to keep things fresh and exciting, and really let the stylist’s imagination’s run wild.”
She added: “The whole team will be cheering the torch on as it passes through Havering.”
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Runners-up Jenni Mullett and Kay Doel, both art directors, also wowed with their looks ‘Flame’ and ‘Rings’.
See more Olympic barnets at: www.facebook.com/thevanillaroom