Hornchurch’s Queen’s Theatre rehearsal room gets makeover
- Credit: Archant
Stage actors have been making a song and dance about their new rehearsal space.
The former room was given a much needed face lift thanks to a collaboration between Tesco and R.G Carters.
The project came about after staff at Carters, the company which recently refurbished Tesco Roneo Corner, were approached by community champion Lesley Dunn.
Project manager Gareth Marrow decided to support the charity by renovating the room used not only by actors, but youth drama and dance clubs as well as the education and outreach programme’s 8000 people.
Tesco offered to make it a joint venture so not only has the room been renovated but also new blinds and curtains have been fitted along with notice boards and fittings.
You may also want to watch:
Lesley said, “I am thrilled, I thought the guys might give the room a coat of paint to brighten it up but what they have done to it is amazing”.
Thom Stanbury from the Queens agreed, saying: “We can’t thank Tesco and Carters enough and we are really grateful to Lesley for thinking of us”.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Inadequate-graded Rainham care home reported to CQC by own staff