Hornchurch, Romford wait for Trophy draw
Rivals progress on road
Hornchurch and Romford are both eagerly awaiting today’s draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
A last-minute goal from captain Elliot Styles led Urchins to a 2-1 win at Ryman Premier Division rivals Margate on Saturday.
Boro, meanwhile, recorded an impressive 3-1 win at Southern League side AFC Totton to seal their progress.
Martin Tuohy flicked home a long throw-in from Rickie Hayles to give Hornchurch an early lead in Kent.
You may also want to watch:
Curtis Robinson headed in an equaliser for the home side just past the hour mark, but Styles nodded in a late Dave Collis free-kick to send Jimmy McFarlane’s men through.
Boro fell behind in Hampshire as Stefan Brown gave Totton a 27th-minute lead with a deflected effort.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
But Paul Martin’s men bounced back in the second half to level through the returning Richard Oxby.
A diving Danny Rafis headed home from Toran Senghore’s cross to put Boro in front and Joe Pearman slotted home a third late on.