Hornchurch, Romford wait for Trophy draw
Rivals progress on road
Hornchurch and Romford are both eagerly awaiting today’s draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
A last-minute goal from captain Elliot Styles led Urchins to a 2-1 win at Ryman Premier Division rivals Margate on Saturday.
Boro, meanwhile, recorded an impressive 3-1 win at Southern League side AFC Totton to seal their progress.
Martin Tuohy flicked home a long throw-in from Rickie Hayles to give Hornchurch an early lead in Kent.
You may also want to watch:
Curtis Robinson headed in an equaliser for the home side just past the hour mark, but Styles nodded in a late Dave Collis free-kick to send Jimmy McFarlane’s men through.
Boro fell behind in Hampshire as Stefan Brown gave Totton a 27th-minute lead with a deflected effort.
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
- 8 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 9 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote
- 10 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
But Paul Martin’s men bounced back in the second half to level through the returning Richard Oxby.
A diving Danny Rafis headed home from Toran Senghore’s cross to put Boro in front and Joe Pearman slotted home a third late on.