Hornchurch, Romford wait for Trophy draw
Rivals progress on road
Hornchurch and Romford are both eagerly awaiting today’s draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
A last-minute goal from captain Elliot Styles led Urchins to a 2-1 win at Ryman Premier Division rivals Margate on Saturday.
Boro, meanwhile, recorded an impressive 3-1 win at Southern League side AFC Totton to seal their progress.
Martin Tuohy flicked home a long throw-in from Rickie Hayles to give Hornchurch an early lead in Kent.
You may also want to watch:
Curtis Robinson headed in an equaliser for the home side just past the hour mark, but Styles nodded in a late Dave Collis free-kick to send Jimmy McFarlane’s men through.
Boro fell behind in Hampshire as Stefan Brown gave Totton a 27th-minute lead with a deflected effort.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 5 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 6 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 9 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
But Paul Martin’s men bounced back in the second half to level through the returning Richard Oxby.
A diving Danny Rafis headed home from Toran Senghore’s cross to put Boro in front and Joe Pearman slotted home a third late on.