Hornchurch, Romford wait for Trophy draw
Rivals progress on road
Hornchurch and Romford are both eagerly awaiting today’s draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
A last-minute goal from captain Elliot Styles led Urchins to a 2-1 win at Ryman Premier Division rivals Margate on Saturday.
Boro, meanwhile, recorded an impressive 3-1 win at Southern League side AFC Totton to seal their progress.
Martin Tuohy flicked home a long throw-in from Rickie Hayles to give Hornchurch an early lead in Kent.
Curtis Robinson headed in an equaliser for the home side just past the hour mark, but Styles nodded in a late Dave Collis free-kick to send Jimmy McFarlane’s men through.
Boro fell behind in Hampshire as Stefan Brown gave Totton a 27th-minute lead with a deflected effort.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 7 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 8 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 9 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
But Paul Martin’s men bounced back in the second half to level through the returning Richard Oxby.
A diving Danny Rafis headed home from Toran Senghore’s cross to put Boro in front and Joe Pearman slotted home a third late on.