Hornchurch, Romford out of cups
Disappointment for duo
Hornchurch and Romford both saw cup hopes shattered in disappointing fashion last night.
Urchins missed out on a semi-final place in the Essex Senior Cup, after going down 2-0 at Heybridge.
Boro, meanwhile, were eliminated from the Ryman League Cup at Dulwich, after a last-minute winner.
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane was forced to make changes to his side following Saturday’s goalless draw at Carshalton and saw Urchins fall behind to a Ricky Griggs strike on the half hour.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors struggled to respond and their exit was confirmed when Chris Bryan netted Heybridge’s second goal in the 90th minute.
It was the fourth time this season Urchins have been knocked out of a cup competition by a team from a lower division, following their FA Cup exit at Brentwood, FA Trophy defeat at Ashford Town (Middx) and Ryman League Cup shoot-out loss at East Thurrock.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
Romford boss Paul Martin rested several players in south London, after Boro’s 2-0 league defeat at Brentwood at the weekend.
But they got off to a great start as Matt Toms put them into a second-minute lead.
Dulwich drew level through 17-year-old Paul McCallum and, with extra time looming, the youngster struck again to send Boro crashing out.