Hornchurch, Romford out of cups
Disappointment for duo
Hornchurch and Romford both saw cup hopes shattered in disappointing fashion last night.
Urchins missed out on a semi-final place in the Essex Senior Cup, after going down 2-0 at Heybridge.
Boro, meanwhile, were eliminated from the Ryman League Cup at Dulwich, after a last-minute winner.
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane was forced to make changes to his side following Saturday’s goalless draw at Carshalton and saw Urchins fall behind to a Ricky Griggs strike on the half hour.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors struggled to respond and their exit was confirmed when Chris Bryan netted Heybridge’s second goal in the 90th minute.
It was the fourth time this season Urchins have been knocked out of a cup competition by a team from a lower division, following their FA Cup exit at Brentwood, FA Trophy defeat at Ashford Town (Middx) and Ryman League Cup shoot-out loss at East Thurrock.
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 8 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 9 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
Romford boss Paul Martin rested several players in south London, after Boro’s 2-0 league defeat at Brentwood at the weekend.
But they got off to a great start as Matt Toms put them into a second-minute lead.
Dulwich drew level through 17-year-old Paul McCallum and, with extra time looming, the youngster struck again to send Boro crashing out.