Hornchurch painter Debby Kirby set to exhibit war-themed pictures at The Queen’s Theatre
A Hornchurch painter who exhibited in Romford last year is returning home to show off a new collection.
Debby Kirby, 51, will be exhibiting a second set of Chinese watercolour works at The Queen’s Theatre between January 14 and January 27. The show follows her residency at Romford Library in October.
“The series includes a tender and emotive collection showing troops overseas engaging with the innocent children and civilians – the casualties of war,” she said.
“It shows the strain they have to endure on their tours where they are missing families and loved ones.
“I’m very anti-war and hope this series will reflect the human element the national media often fail to report.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is open between 10am and 11pm Monday to Saturday, and 6.30pm to 10.30pm on Sunday. Debby herself will be attending throughout the week to demonstrate her Chinese-influenced brush work and host an auction for local kids’ charities.
You can see more of her work at http://www.debbykirbyart.co.uk/.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford