Hornchurch painter Debby Kirby set to exhibit war-themed pictures at The Queen’s Theatre
A Hornchurch painter who exhibited in Romford last year is returning home to show off a new collection.
Debby Kirby, 51, will be exhibiting a second set of Chinese watercolour works at The Queen’s Theatre between January 14 and January 27. The show follows her residency at Romford Library in October.
“The series includes a tender and emotive collection showing troops overseas engaging with the innocent children and civilians – the casualties of war,” she said.
“It shows the strain they have to endure on their tours where they are missing families and loved ones.
“I’m very anti-war and hope this series will reflect the human element the national media often fail to report.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is open between 10am and 11pm Monday to Saturday, and 6.30pm to 10.30pm on Sunday. Debby herself will be attending throughout the week to demonstrate her Chinese-influenced brush work and host an auction for local kids’ charities.
You can see more of her work at http://www.debbykirbyart.co.uk/.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel