Hornchurch ‘need clear heads’
Urchins seek revenge at Welling
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane is hoping his players have clear heads for their Conference South date at Welling today.
Urchins moved up to eighth place after Tambeson Eyong’s goal clinched a 1-0 win over Billericay at the weekend.
And McFarlane is hoping they can redress the balance after a 3-0 home defeat against the Wings on Boxing Day.
He said: “The players are not supposed to drink 48 hours before a game. I never did when I was playing.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s no hiding place on the field if you have been out the night before, but we can only tell them and hope they abide by it.
“I’m quite confident, without being arrogant.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
“I saw enough on Boxing Day to suggest we’ve got nothing to fear.
“If we perform like we did on Saturday, I think we can get a result.”
McFarlane has a fully-fit squad to choose from other than Joey May, who has been suffering with a bug.