Hornchurch ‘need clear heads’
Urchins seek revenge at Welling
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane is hoping his players have clear heads for their Conference South date at Welling today.
Urchins moved up to eighth place after Tambeson Eyong’s goal clinched a 1-0 win over Billericay at the weekend.
And McFarlane is hoping they can redress the balance after a 3-0 home defeat against the Wings on Boxing Day.
He said: “The players are not supposed to drink 48 hours before a game. I never did when I was playing.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s no hiding place on the field if you have been out the night before, but we can only tell them and hope they abide by it.
“I’m quite confident, without being arrogant.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 9 'My hero': Romford delivery driver wins award for keeping colleagues safe
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
“I saw enough on Boxing Day to suggest we’ve got nothing to fear.
“If we perform like we did on Saturday, I think we can get a result.”
McFarlane has a fully-fit squad to choose from other than Joey May, who has been suffering with a bug.