Hornchurch must go down to Devon
Trophy draw sends Urchins west
Hornchurch face the long trip down to Devon in the next round of the FA Trophy.
Today’s draw handed Urchins an away tie against Southern League side Bideford, who beat Dulwich at the weekend.
Boss Jimmy McFarlane said: “We could’ve done with a more local one, but sometimes you think the draw is hard and you end up getting through, so it doesn’t matter who you play.
“We do always like to go and look at who we’re playing and we’re working out if we can get to see them.
“We went to Team Bath one Sunday when we were at Thurrock.”
Romford must also travel, but face only a short journey around the M25.
- 1 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
- 2 Several hectares of Rainham grassland destroyed in fire
- 3 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 4 Appeal to find missing girl, 16, with links to Romford
- 5 Launch events held for businesses targeted at the ‘more mature raver’
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 8 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 9 The Bitter End: Former Romford pub for sale again, with draft plan indicating it could be turned into 35 flats
- 10 ‘Great response’ in Romford at its inaugural World Naked Bike Ride event
Boro, 3-1 winners at AFC Totton, visit Conference South strugglers Boreham Wood on November 20.