Hornchurch must go down to Devon
Trophy draw sends Urchins west
Hornchurch face the long trip down to Devon in the next round of the FA Trophy.
Today’s draw handed Urchins an away tie against Southern League side Bideford, who beat Dulwich at the weekend.
Boss Jimmy McFarlane said: “We could’ve done with a more local one, but sometimes you think the draw is hard and you end up getting through, so it doesn’t matter who you play.
“We do always like to go and look at who we’re playing and we’re working out if we can get to see them.
“We went to Team Bath one Sunday when we were at Thurrock.”
Romford must also travel, but face only a short journey around the M25.
- 1 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 4 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 5 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 7 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 10 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
Boro, 3-1 winners at AFC Totton, visit Conference South strugglers Boreham Wood on November 20.