Hornchurch mum reunited with staff at Queen’s Hospital, Romford, who went extra mile for baby Florence
This is the moment Hornchurch mum Sarah Luisis was reunited with the nurses who went the extra mile for her daughter.
Four-month-old Florence was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, with breathing difficulties last month – and while under observation doctors began to suspect she had meningitis.
Then came the terrifying moment when she stopped breathing and medics rushed into her room to resuscitate her.
“I felt like I’d been hit by a bus,” said Sarah.
Thankfully, Florence recovered, and tests showed only had a chest infection – but Sarah, of Lyndhurst Drive, hasn’t forgotten how she felt when she feared her daughter was seriously ill.
You may also want to watch:
In last week’s Recorder, the mum-of-three praised the “fantastic, professional, and prompt” care Florence received throughout her hospital stay, singling out one nurse in particular.
“You could see it wasn’t just a job to Annette – she’s passionate about what she does and I can’t thank her enough for the time and care she gave Florence,” said the 31-year-old.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
And this week the Recorder was able to reunite Sarah with Annette so she could say thank-you in person – with a hamper of goodies for staff on the hospital’s “Tropical Lagoon” ward.