Hornchurch match OFF
More frustration for Urchins
Hornchurch’s Ryman Premier Division clash with Margate tonight has been postponed.
The Bridge Avenue pitch failed to pass a 1pm inspection, causing more frustration for manager Jimmy McFarlane and his players.
Urchins have not played for 17 days, since Lewis Smith’s injury-time goal clinched a 1-0 win over East Thurrock.
They saw matches against Hastings and Carshalton fall victim to frozen pitches over the past two weekends and milder temperatures in recent days has left their pitch waterlogged.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch trail leaders Billericay by five points, with two games in hand.
Harrison Chatting’s double put table-topping Blues 2-0 up against Hendon at New Lodge last night, before the visitors claimed a last-minute consolation.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project
Urchins are due to host Lewes on Saturday, having added Leon McKenzie and Fola Orilonishe to their squad during the recent enforced break.
Smith, Reiss Noel and Frankie Curley are currently suspended, but 19-goal Martin Tuohy has completed a three-game ban.