Hornchurch match OFF
More frustration for Urchins
Hornchurch’s Ryman Premier Division clash with Margate tonight has been postponed.
The Bridge Avenue pitch failed to pass a 1pm inspection, causing more frustration for manager Jimmy McFarlane and his players.
Urchins have not played for 17 days, since Lewis Smith’s injury-time goal clinched a 1-0 win over East Thurrock.
They saw matches against Hastings and Carshalton fall victim to frozen pitches over the past two weekends and milder temperatures in recent days has left their pitch waterlogged.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch trail leaders Billericay by five points, with two games in hand.
Harrison Chatting’s double put table-topping Blues 2-0 up against Hendon at New Lodge last night, before the visitors claimed a last-minute consolation.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
Urchins are due to host Lewes on Saturday, having added Leon McKenzie and Fola Orilonishe to their squad during the recent enforced break.
Smith, Reiss Noel and Frankie Curley are currently suspended, but 19-goal Martin Tuohy has completed a three-game ban.