Hornchurch man quizzed in murder probe
A HORNCHURCH man has been quizzed by police after a dead body was discovered in a �1 million drugs factory.
The victim was found by police at industrial unit in South Woodham Ferrers just after noon last Thursda (December 9) where they were investigating a suspected burglary.
Inside the unit they also uncovered more than 6,000 cannabis plants with a street value in the region of �1m.
Detectives have launched a murder probe and have arrested a 27-year-old man from Hornchurch.
Officers are maintaining a uniformed guard on the unit while specialist forensic and search officers conduct a fingertip search of the premises.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Hall, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “About 6,000 growing plants were found at the unit. The plants had an estimated street value of about �1m.
“We are still carrying out extensive enquiries to establish the identity of the man who died and would urge anyone with information to come forward.”
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 6 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
It is believed that the factory had been broken into and the cannabis was in the process of being stolen.
Police are attempting to trace any relatives of the dead man in the country and he is described as being in his 30s or 40s and of South East Asian origin.
The 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder, burglary and drugs offences and was bailed until February 16, 2011.
Officers are particularly keen to hear from anyone who saw suspicious activity between 5-6am in or around the Redhills Road area.
Contact police on 0300 333 4444.