Hornchurch man Paul Toft celebrates after netting �1,000 first prize in St Francis Hospice Lottery
A Hornchurch window fitter got a boost toward his Christmas shopping after winning �1,000.
Paul Toft, who works for Crystal Windows in Romford, won first prize in the weekly St Francis Hospice lottery draw.
“It’s the first time I’ve won anything,” said Paul, 48.
“I’ll put the money towards Christmas presents and some towards a family skiing trip in February as my kids haven’t been before.”
To sign up to the lottery, go to www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433. All proceeds go to the Havering-atte-Bower charity.
You may also want to watch:
You can also buy a lottery gift voucher as a Christmas present. It costs �1 a week to play.
There is a first prize of �1,000 each week, as well as a rollover second prize that currently stands at �6,500, and 10 third prizes of �10 each.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 10 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van