Hornchurch Live is back with an all-star line up
Hornchurch Live is returning this year with an all-star line up.
The festival will include a pop stage and a rock music stage with 10 hours of live, local music.
This year it will be held on Saturday, August 25 - the day before the Havering Show.
Headline acts will include: Gareth Gates, runner up of the UK’s first Pop Idol competition; Misha B and Jamie ‘Afro’ Archer, former X Factor contestants; and Alexa Goddard, who has charted in the UK singles chart after being a YouTube sensation.
The rock stage will include Page 44; Atlantis; Depth; Jesters of Blackwood; Disrupt the Skies; The Jellycats; Whiskey Chaser; After the Ordeal; Dead Baby Birds; Sol Silver; Secret Agenda and The Mannings.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will be held in Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch from midday to 10pm. There will also be a funfair, traders and refreshments.
Cllr Michael White, leader of Havering Council, said: “Last year’s Hornchurch Live proved a great success with thousands of young people and residents coming out to enjoy the live music.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
“Residents told us they want us to put on more entertainment for young people and that is exactly what we have done. But the festival isn’t just for rock or pop music fans; there is entertainment on offer for all the family.
“If the festival is anything like last years, it will be a really fun day out.”