Hornchurch Live is back with an all-star line up
Hornchurch Live is returning this year with an all-star line up.
The festival will include a pop stage and a rock music stage with 10 hours of live, local music.
This year it will be held on Saturday, August 25 - the day before the Havering Show.
Headline acts will include: Gareth Gates, runner up of the UK’s first Pop Idol competition; Misha B and Jamie ‘Afro’ Archer, former X Factor contestants; and Alexa Goddard, who has charted in the UK singles chart after being a YouTube sensation.
The rock stage will include Page 44; Atlantis; Depth; Jesters of Blackwood; Disrupt the Skies; The Jellycats; Whiskey Chaser; After the Ordeal; Dead Baby Birds; Sol Silver; Secret Agenda and The Mannings.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will be held in Harrow Lodge Park, Hornchurch from midday to 10pm. There will also be a funfair, traders and refreshments.
Cllr Michael White, leader of Havering Council, said: “Last year’s Hornchurch Live proved a great success with thousands of young people and residents coming out to enjoy the live music.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 9 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
“Residents told us they want us to put on more entertainment for young people and that is exactly what we have done. But the festival isn’t just for rock or pop music fans; there is entertainment on offer for all the family.
“If the festival is anything like last years, it will be a really fun day out.”