Hornchurch Indian restaurant Mother India earns prestigious award win
- Credit: Archant
A Hornchurch restaurant has scooped a prestigious accolade at a national awards ceremony celebrating the best of Asian cuisine in the UK.
Mother India, in North Street, won the national newcomer of the year at the Asian Restaurant and Takeaway Awards (ARTA).
The awards, held in London, recognise the best of south Asian, Thai and Chinese cuisine in the UK across national and regional categories.
ARTA received more than 2,400 applications from across the country and the winners were selected by a panel of ambassadors and judges.
Syed Forid, the owner of Mother India, said: "We are absolutely delighted to be named as the national newcomer of the year.
You may also want to watch:
"Mother India specialises in serving food prepared in the best Indian tradition from a menu that reflects the great regional diversity of Indian cuisine.
"We thank our customers from Hornchurch without whose loyal support and backing we couldn't have won. They truly inspire us to be the best."
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021