Hornchurch Indian restaurant Mother India earns prestigious award win
- Credit: Archant
A Hornchurch restaurant has scooped a prestigious accolade at a national awards ceremony celebrating the best of Asian cuisine in the UK.
Mother India, in North Street, won the national newcomer of the year at the Asian Restaurant and Takeaway Awards (ARTA).
The awards, held in London, recognise the best of south Asian, Thai and Chinese cuisine in the UK across national and regional categories.
ARTA received more than 2,400 applications from across the country and the winners were selected by a panel of ambassadors and judges.
Syed Forid, the owner of Mother India, said: "We are absolutely delighted to be named as the national newcomer of the year.
"Mother India specialises in serving food prepared in the best Indian tradition from a menu that reflects the great regional diversity of Indian cuisine.
"We thank our customers from Hornchurch without whose loyal support and backing we couldn't have won. They truly inspire us to be the best."
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 4 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 7 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 8 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 9 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 10 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden