Hornchurch Indian restaurant Mother India earns prestigious award win
- Credit: Archant
A Hornchurch restaurant has scooped a prestigious accolade at a national awards ceremony celebrating the best of Asian cuisine in the UK.
Mother India, in North Street, won the national newcomer of the year at the Asian Restaurant and Takeaway Awards (ARTA).
The awards, held in London, recognise the best of south Asian, Thai and Chinese cuisine in the UK across national and regional categories.
ARTA received more than 2,400 applications from across the country and the winners were selected by a panel of ambassadors and judges.
Syed Forid, the owner of Mother India, said: "We are absolutely delighted to be named as the national newcomer of the year.
You may also want to watch:
"Mother India specialises in serving food prepared in the best Indian tradition from a menu that reflects the great regional diversity of Indian cuisine.
"We thank our customers from Hornchurch without whose loyal support and backing we couldn't have won. They truly inspire us to be the best."
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients