Search

London Fire Brigade issues safety warning after firework starts Hornchurch house fire

PUBLISHED: 15:00 05 November 2018

The London Fire Brigade has issued a warning after a stray firework started a house fire in Hornchurch. Photo: LFB

The London Fire Brigade has issued a warning after a stray firework started a house fire in Hornchurch. Photo: LFB

Archant

Firefighters have issued a warning after a stray firework caused a house fire in Hornchurch.

A large part of the loft of a mid-terraced house in Station Lane was damaged by the fire.

Eight adults and four children left the building before the arrival of the brigade and a further three people left neighbouring properties.

There were no reports of any injuries.

The brigade’s fire investigation team believe a firework from a nearby private display landed on the roof of the house.

A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “This incident goes to show just how dangerous fireworks can be.

“We would rather you went an organised display as they are much safer, but if you do hold a display at home it is essential to always follow the firework safety code.

“Fireworks are explosives and can be extremely dangerous and it is fortunate nobody was hurt in this incident.”

Most Read

Latest from the Romford Recorder

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists