Hornchurch host ‘big club’ Sutton
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
McFarlane expects tough test
Hornchurch return to Bridge Avenue tomorrow (Saturday) to entertain Sutton, who reached the Conference South play-offs last season.
The south London club are presently sitting just one point and two places behind Urchins in 19th position, having played six games less.
Michael Spencer’s goal earned Urchins a point at Eastbourne last weekend, but the division is extremely tight, with only five points separating the teams in eighth place (Hayes) and 21st (Billericay).
And boss Jimmy McFarlane knows what Sutton are capable of, saying: “Sutton are a big club and have a bit of everything.
You may also want to watch:
“They’re big and powerful but they can play as well.
“You can say they’re in a false position but they’ve not been winning enough games.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
“They have made some big signings so I’d expect them to move up the table – but hopefully after we’ve taken three points against them.”