Hornchurch hoping for action
Fola joins Urchins
Hornchurch are hoping to return to Ryman Premier Division action against Margate tomorrow.
Jimmy McFarlane’s promotion-chasers saw their trip to Carshalton postponed on Saturday, after a home match with Hastings had also been frozen off a week earlier.
Lewis Smith’s injury-time goal had clinched a 1-0 win over East Thurrock in their last outing on January 28, but with the recent wintry weather wiping out most local sport, they remain two points adrift of leaders Billericay with a game in hand.
That gap could grow tonight, though, as Billericay are due to host Hendon at New Lodge.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins will be without suspended trio Smith, Reiss Noel and Frankie Curley should their game go ahead at Bridge Avenue tomorrow, but leading scorer Martin Tuohy is back after a three-game ban and Leon McKenzie has joined the ranks.
The club have also signed former Thurrock winger Fola Orilonishe on loan from Conference South side Sutton.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
Orilonishe spent three seasons at Ship Lane, before joining Sutton and had scored four goals in seven starts this campaign, while also going out on loan to Hornchurch’s Ryman rivals Kingstonian.
Romford’s derby clash at Brentwood fell victim to the cold snap on Saturday, but Boro are due to return to Ryman One North action against Potters Bar at Mill Field on Saturday.