Hornchurch hopes frozen
Urchins go into Christmas frustrated
Hornchurch will go into the Christmas weekend on the back of their FA Trophy defeat at Ashford Town (Middx), after seeing their latest two games fall victim to the arctic weather.
Urchins had their Ryman Premier Division clash at Sutton frozen off at the weekend and saw their Essex Senior Cup tie at Concord postponed for a third time in midweek.
And manager Jimmy McFarlane will be on edge this weekend, hoping Monday’s clash with Aveley can go ahead.
He said: “The FA Trophy game was one of those things.
You may also want to watch:
“They didn’t have a shot for 90 minutes and Darren [Behcet] didn’t have a shot to save.
“Sometimes you can’t do no more. How do you have a go at someone like Martin Tuohy for missing a few chances when he’ll probably end up getting you 25-30 goals over the course of the season?
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 8 Rainham primary school creates Sir Captain Tom display
- 9 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
“I was disappointed with our bookings [Hornchurch had seven in total]. The referee was out of his depth and I had a little go, but Colin [McBride] said they were never bookings.
“I spoke to the assessor, who I knew from my playing days, before the game and he said to me ‘he’s a good one’.
“But I said to him at half-time, I thought he was awful. Every manager gets them during a season.”