Hornchurch hopes frozen
Urchins go into Christmas frustrated
Hornchurch will go into the Christmas weekend on the back of their FA Trophy defeat at Ashford Town (Middx), after seeing their latest two games fall victim to the arctic weather.
Urchins had their Ryman Premier Division clash at Sutton frozen off at the weekend and saw their Essex Senior Cup tie at Concord postponed for a third time in midweek.
And manager Jimmy McFarlane will be on edge this weekend, hoping Monday’s clash with Aveley can go ahead.
He said: “The FA Trophy game was one of those things.
You may also want to watch:
“They didn’t have a shot for 90 minutes and Darren [Behcet] didn’t have a shot to save.
“Sometimes you can’t do no more. How do you have a go at someone like Martin Tuohy for missing a few chances when he’ll probably end up getting you 25-30 goals over the course of the season?
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
“I was disappointed with our bookings [Hornchurch had seven in total]. The referee was out of his depth and I had a little go, but Colin [McBride] said they were never bookings.
“I spoke to the assessor, who I knew from my playing days, before the game and he said to me ‘he’s a good one’.
“But I said to him at half-time, I thought he was awful. Every manager gets them during a season.”