Hornchurch hit rivals for six
Manor torn apart in cup
Hornchurch eased into the last 16 of the Essex Senior Cup with a 6-1 win at Eton Manor last night.
Four goals in 11 second-half minutes helped Urchins – last season’s beaten finalists – through at Barking, after Manor had taken a shock early lead.
Manager Jimmy McFarlane made several changes to the starting line-up following Saturday’s FA Trophy win at Margate, which earned Urchins a trip to Devon to take on Bideford in the next round.
But only seven minutes had been played when young keeper Michael Bowditch was picking the ball out of his net and Essex Senior League Manor held on to their advantage until the 53rd minute.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Tuohy netted twice in three minutes to turn the tie on its head, though, and Tambeson Eyong (62) and Ross Wall (64) added further goals, three minutes apart, to make it 4-1 just past the hour mark.
Wall grabbed his second, seven minutes from time, before substitute Andy Tomlinson marked his return to first-team action with no.6.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
Hornchurch: Bowditch, Coyne, Hayles, Fletcher, Styles, McSweeney, Hunt, Eyong, Black, Tuohy, Wall. Subs: Collis, Enstone, Tomlinson, Stuart-Evans, Abraham.
Romford entertain Stansted in their third-round tie at Mill Field tonight.