Hornchurch hit rivals for six
Manor torn apart in cup
Hornchurch eased into the last 16 of the Essex Senior Cup with a 6-1 win at Eton Manor last night.
Four goals in 11 second-half minutes helped Urchins – last season’s beaten finalists – through at Barking, after Manor had taken a shock early lead.
Manager Jimmy McFarlane made several changes to the starting line-up following Saturday’s FA Trophy win at Margate, which earned Urchins a trip to Devon to take on Bideford in the next round.
But only seven minutes had been played when young keeper Michael Bowditch was picking the ball out of his net and Essex Senior League Manor held on to their advantage until the 53rd minute.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Tuohy netted twice in three minutes to turn the tie on its head, though, and Tambeson Eyong (62) and Ross Wall (64) added further goals, three minutes apart, to make it 4-1 just past the hour mark.
Wall grabbed his second, seven minutes from time, before substitute Andy Tomlinson marked his return to first-team action with no.6.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 4 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 5 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
Hornchurch: Bowditch, Coyne, Hayles, Fletcher, Styles, McSweeney, Hunt, Eyong, Black, Tuohy, Wall. Subs: Collis, Enstone, Tomlinson, Stuart-Evans, Abraham.
Romford entertain Stansted in their third-round tie at Mill Field tonight.