Hornchurch hit rivals for six
Manor torn apart in cup
Hornchurch eased into the last 16 of the Essex Senior Cup with a 6-1 win at Eton Manor last night.
Four goals in 11 second-half minutes helped Urchins – last season’s beaten finalists – through at Barking, after Manor had taken a shock early lead.
Manager Jimmy McFarlane made several changes to the starting line-up following Saturday’s FA Trophy win at Margate, which earned Urchins a trip to Devon to take on Bideford in the next round.
But only seven minutes had been played when young keeper Michael Bowditch was picking the ball out of his net and Essex Senior League Manor held on to their advantage until the 53rd minute.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Tuohy netted twice in three minutes to turn the tie on its head, though, and Tambeson Eyong (62) and Ross Wall (64) added further goals, three minutes apart, to make it 4-1 just past the hour mark.
Wall grabbed his second, seven minutes from time, before substitute Andy Tomlinson marked his return to first-team action with no.6.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Love is in the hair: Care home helps resident rekindle hairdressing passion
Hornchurch: Bowditch, Coyne, Hayles, Fletcher, Styles, McSweeney, Hunt, Eyong, Black, Tuohy, Wall. Subs: Collis, Enstone, Tomlinson, Stuart-Evans, Abraham.
Romford entertain Stansted in their third-round tie at Mill Field tonight.