Hornchurch hit as duo depart
Collins and Holloway head to rivals
Hornchurch have been hit the news that Sam Collins and Sam Holloway will not be returning to Bridge Avenue for the 2011/12 Ryman League season.
Both left-sided players impressed for Jimmy McFarlane’s Urchins in the Premier Division last season, but have agreed to join rivals Concord for the new campaign.
Holloway helped Aveley gain promotion to the Premier and followed ex-Millers boss Rod Stringer to Conference South side Braintree, before joining Hornchurch midway through last season.
Collins, who comes from Canvey, has previously played for MK Dons, Hendon and Maidenhead, from whom he joined Urchins on loan.
You may also want to watch:
The news follows the recent decision of centre-back Ricky Hayles to join Thurrock, who were spared relegation from the Conference South last week.
Hornchurch are planning a stadium clean-up day on Sunday ahead of the start of pre-season training. All help will be gratefully received.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel