Hornchurch hit as duo depart
Collins and Holloway head to rivals
Hornchurch have been hit the news that Sam Collins and Sam Holloway will not be returning to Bridge Avenue for the 2011/12 Ryman League season.
Both left-sided players impressed for Jimmy McFarlane’s Urchins in the Premier Division last season, but have agreed to join rivals Concord for the new campaign.
Holloway helped Aveley gain promotion to the Premier and followed ex-Millers boss Rod Stringer to Conference South side Braintree, before joining Hornchurch midway through last season.
Collins, who comes from Canvey, has previously played for MK Dons, Hendon and Maidenhead, from whom he joined Urchins on loan.
You may also want to watch:
The news follows the recent decision of centre-back Ricky Hayles to join Thurrock, who were spared relegation from the Conference South last week.
Hornchurch are planning a stadium clean-up day on Sunday ahead of the start of pre-season training. All help will be gratefully received.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 8 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100