Hornchurch held, Romford rejoice
Mixed fortunes for rivals
Hornchurch had to settle for a point from their latest Conference South clash with Havant & Waterlooville.
But Romford returned from Ware with their Ryman Division One points courtesy of a 3-1 win at Wodson Park.
Urchins opened the scoring midway through the first half at Bridge Avenue as Martin Tuohy headed home his fifth goal of the season, after good work from Ben Bowditch and Alex Bentley.
But Havant hit back with two goals in four minutes from Ollie Palmer around the hour mark to turn the match on its head.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch ensured they did not end up empty-handed, though, as Leon McKenzie forced home an 82nd-minute equaliser.
Romford, meanwhile, netted three times in six minutes to claim the points at Ware.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
The visitors took the lead oon 34 minutes when Hussein Isa deflected Tom Richardson’s effort into the net.
Paul Clayton doubled Boro’s lead with a curling shot soon after and Isa then crossed for Nick Reynolds to head home in the 40th minute.
Michael Gooch was beaten midway through the second half, as Robbie Green’s effort flew past him, but Boro had chances to extend their lead in the closing stages.
Paul Martin’s men return to action on Wednesday, as Chatham visit Ship Lane.