Hornchurch held, Romford rejoice
Mixed fortunes for rivals
Hornchurch had to settle for a point from their latest Conference South clash with Havant & Waterlooville.
But Romford returned from Ware with their Ryman Division One points courtesy of a 3-1 win at Wodson Park.
Urchins opened the scoring midway through the first half at Bridge Avenue as Martin Tuohy headed home his fifth goal of the season, after good work from Ben Bowditch and Alex Bentley.
But Havant hit back with two goals in four minutes from Ollie Palmer around the hour mark to turn the match on its head.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch ensured they did not end up empty-handed, though, as Leon McKenzie forced home an 82nd-minute equaliser.
Romford, meanwhile, netted three times in six minutes to claim the points at Ware.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
The visitors took the lead oon 34 minutes when Hussein Isa deflected Tom Richardson’s effort into the net.
Paul Clayton doubled Boro’s lead with a curling shot soon after and Isa then crossed for Nick Reynolds to head home in the 40th minute.
Michael Gooch was beaten midway through the second half, as Robbie Green’s effort flew past him, but Boro had chances to extend their lead in the closing stages.
Paul Martin’s men return to action on Wednesday, as Chatham visit Ship Lane.