Winning streak comes to an end
Hornchurch had to settle for just a point against Ryman Premier Division strugglers Folkestone last night.
Urchins travelled to Kent on the back of a six-game winning streak in league and cup action, but fell behind on the half hour as Allan Tait put the home side ahead.
Martin Tuohy replied early in the second half for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, with his eighth goal of the season.
But they could not find a winner against lowly Invicta and missed out on the chance to move into a play-off place.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins will now begin their preparations for the visit of Tonbridge on Saturday, when they will be looking to set the record straight after a 7-1 defeat in the away fixture.
Romford’s Division One North clash at East Thurrock had fallen victim to a waterlogged pitch earlier in the day.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 6 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 7 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 8 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 9 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 10 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
And Paul Martin’s Boro slipped one place to fourth in the table as a result of Thamesmead’s 1-0 win at Tilbury. They entertain basement boys Waltham Forest this weekend.
*Hornchurch had been handed a trip to Concord in the last 16 of the Essex Senior Cup when the draw was made a few hours before kick-off. The tie is to be played before December 4.
Last night’s results, Premier: Billericay 2 Concord 1; Hastings 0 Carshalton 1; Hendon 3 Bury 3; Maidstone 2 Cray 4; Sutton 2 Kingstonian 0; Tonbridge 1 Margate 1; Tooting 1 Horsham 2; Wealdstone 4 Croydon Athletic 3.
Div 1N: Enfield Tn 2 Leyton 2; Great Wakering 0 Grays 1; Harlow 0 Brentwood 4; Sudbury 6 Maldon & Tiptree 3; Tilbury 0 Thamesmead 1; Waltham Abbey 6 Ilford 2.