Winning streak comes to an end
Hornchurch had to settle for just a point against Ryman Premier Division strugglers Folkestone last night.
Urchins travelled to Kent on the back of a six-game winning streak in league and cup action, but fell behind on the half hour as Allan Tait put the home side ahead.
Martin Tuohy replied early in the second half for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, with his eighth goal of the season.
But they could not find a winner against lowly Invicta and missed out on the chance to move into a play-off place.
Urchins will now begin their preparations for the visit of Tonbridge on Saturday, when they will be looking to set the record straight after a 7-1 defeat in the away fixture.
Romford’s Division One North clash at East Thurrock had fallen victim to a waterlogged pitch earlier in the day.
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 3 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 10 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
And Paul Martin’s Boro slipped one place to fourth in the table as a result of Thamesmead’s 1-0 win at Tilbury. They entertain basement boys Waltham Forest this weekend.
*Hornchurch had been handed a trip to Concord in the last 16 of the Essex Senior Cup when the draw was made a few hours before kick-off. The tie is to be played before December 4.
Last night’s results, Premier: Billericay 2 Concord 1; Hastings 0 Carshalton 1; Hendon 3 Bury 3; Maidstone 2 Cray 4; Sutton 2 Kingstonian 0; Tonbridge 1 Margate 1; Tooting 1 Horsham 2; Wealdstone 4 Croydon Athletic 3.
Div 1N: Enfield Tn 2 Leyton 2; Great Wakering 0 Grays 1; Harlow 0 Brentwood 4; Sudbury 6 Maldon & Tiptree 3; Tilbury 0 Thamesmead 1; Waltham Abbey 6 Ilford 2.