Winning streak comes to an end
Hornchurch had to settle for just a point against Ryman Premier Division strugglers Folkestone last night.
Urchins travelled to Kent on the back of a six-game winning streak in league and cup action, but fell behind on the half hour as Allan Tait put the home side ahead.
Martin Tuohy replied early in the second half for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, with his eighth goal of the season.
But they could not find a winner against lowly Invicta and missed out on the chance to move into a play-off place.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins will now begin their preparations for the visit of Tonbridge on Saturday, when they will be looking to set the record straight after a 7-1 defeat in the away fixture.
Romford’s Division One North clash at East Thurrock had fallen victim to a waterlogged pitch earlier in the day.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
And Paul Martin’s Boro slipped one place to fourth in the table as a result of Thamesmead’s 1-0 win at Tilbury. They entertain basement boys Waltham Forest this weekend.
*Hornchurch had been handed a trip to Concord in the last 16 of the Essex Senior Cup when the draw was made a few hours before kick-off. The tie is to be played before December 4.
Last night’s results, Premier: Billericay 2 Concord 1; Hastings 0 Carshalton 1; Hendon 3 Bury 3; Maidstone 2 Cray 4; Sutton 2 Kingstonian 0; Tonbridge 1 Margate 1; Tooting 1 Horsham 2; Wealdstone 4 Croydon Athletic 3.
Div 1N: Enfield Tn 2 Leyton 2; Great Wakering 0 Grays 1; Harlow 0 Brentwood 4; Sudbury 6 Maldon & Tiptree 3; Tilbury 0 Thamesmead 1; Waltham Abbey 6 Ilford 2.