Winning streak comes to an end
Hornchurch had to settle for just a point against Ryman Premier Division strugglers Folkestone last night.
Urchins travelled to Kent on the back of a six-game winning streak in league and cup action, but fell behind on the half hour as Allan Tait put the home side ahead.
Martin Tuohy replied early in the second half for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, with his eighth goal of the season.
But they could not find a winner against lowly Invicta and missed out on the chance to move into a play-off place.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins will now begin their preparations for the visit of Tonbridge on Saturday, when they will be looking to set the record straight after a 7-1 defeat in the away fixture.
Romford’s Division One North clash at East Thurrock had fallen victim to a waterlogged pitch earlier in the day.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
And Paul Martin’s Boro slipped one place to fourth in the table as a result of Thamesmead’s 1-0 win at Tilbury. They entertain basement boys Waltham Forest this weekend.
*Hornchurch had been handed a trip to Concord in the last 16 of the Essex Senior Cup when the draw was made a few hours before kick-off. The tie is to be played before December 4.
Last night’s results, Premier: Billericay 2 Concord 1; Hastings 0 Carshalton 1; Hendon 3 Bury 3; Maidstone 2 Cray 4; Sutton 2 Kingstonian 0; Tonbridge 1 Margate 1; Tooting 1 Horsham 2; Wealdstone 4 Croydon Athletic 3.
Div 1N: Enfield Tn 2 Leyton 2; Great Wakering 0 Grays 1; Harlow 0 Brentwood 4; Sudbury 6 Maldon & Tiptree 3; Tilbury 0 Thamesmead 1; Waltham Abbey 6 Ilford 2.