Winning streak comes to an end
Hornchurch had to settle for just a point against Ryman Premier Division strugglers Folkestone last night.
Urchins travelled to Kent on the back of a six-game winning streak in league and cup action, but fell behind on the half hour as Allan Tait put the home side ahead.
Martin Tuohy replied early in the second half for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, with his eighth goal of the season.
But they could not find a winner against lowly Invicta and missed out on the chance to move into a play-off place.
Urchins will now begin their preparations for the visit of Tonbridge on Saturday, when they will be looking to set the record straight after a 7-1 defeat in the away fixture.
Romford’s Division One North clash at East Thurrock had fallen victim to a waterlogged pitch earlier in the day.
- 1 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 2 Firefighters rush to tackle Rainham grass fire
- 3 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 4 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 5 The Bitter End: Former Romford pub for sale again, with draft plan indicating it could be turned into 35 flats
- 6 ‘Great response’ in Romford at its inaugural World Naked Bike Ride event
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Romford man charged after Essex Police investigation into sale of drugs in Chelmsford
- 9 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 10 Havering Council’s cabinet: Who are they and what are their backgrounds?
And Paul Martin’s Boro slipped one place to fourth in the table as a result of Thamesmead’s 1-0 win at Tilbury. They entertain basement boys Waltham Forest this weekend.
*Hornchurch had been handed a trip to Concord in the last 16 of the Essex Senior Cup when the draw was made a few hours before kick-off. The tie is to be played before December 4.
Last night’s results, Premier: Billericay 2 Concord 1; Hastings 0 Carshalton 1; Hendon 3 Bury 3; Maidstone 2 Cray 4; Sutton 2 Kingstonian 0; Tonbridge 1 Margate 1; Tooting 1 Horsham 2; Wealdstone 4 Croydon Athletic 3.
Div 1N: Enfield Tn 2 Leyton 2; Great Wakering 0 Grays 1; Harlow 0 Brentwood 4; Sudbury 6 Maldon & Tiptree 3; Tilbury 0 Thamesmead 1; Waltham Abbey 6 Ilford 2.