Hornchurch ‘have to get over FA Cup exit’
Chairman McBride wants a reaction
Hornchurch chairman Colin McBride wants his side to bounce back quickly from their FA Cup disappointment as they return to Conference South action.
Urchins welcome Farnborough to Bridge Avenue today (Saturday), following a 3-1 defeat at Billericay last weekend, and have a trip to Maidenhead on Tuesday.
And McBride does not want any cup hangover, saying: “We went there (Billericay) the other week and were by far the better team (in a 1-1 draw).
“On the day it was really disappointing. But with games like that, you’ve got to get over it quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got Farnborough and Maidenhead and we had six, seven or eight players having treatment at the club on Tuesday.
“I’d be very surprised it there’s not at least one new player in the ranks on Saturday.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
He added: “Apart from Bromley (a 4-0 defeat) and Saturday, the other seven performances so far this season have been more than adequate.
“We’ve shown we can compete, but we want to do a bit better than that.”