Hornchurch ‘have character’
McFarlane praises his men
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane is hoping his squad’s character can help them extend their unbeaten run tonight.
Urchins travel to lowly Folkestone on the back of a six-game winning streak, which has seen them climb to sixth in the Ryman Premier Division.
Frank Curley and Lewis Smith netted in a 2-0 win over rivals Concord at the weekend and McFarlane wants more.
He said: “Darren Behcet hasn’t really had a save to make and he is a good goalie. So at the moment I hope he doesn’t have a save to make all year!
You may also want to watch:
“There’s some big characters in the changing room and to go and get beat 7-1 at Tonbridge and then to go on the run we have had shows a massive amount of character.
“Some clubs have one or two, I have six or seven, so I am well pleased.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
Folkestone have not had the best run of late and are currently in 20th place, one of the relegation spots after earning promotion last season. They go into tonight’s game after a 1-0 loss to Canvey at the weekend.