Hornchurch handed another away tie
Shorter Trophy trip for Urchins
Hornchurch were handed another away tie when the draw for the first round of the FA Trophy was made earlier today.
Urchins must visit former Ryman Premier Division rivals Ashford Town (Middx) next month, following their 3-0 win over Bideford at the weekend.
Rickie Hayles, Elliot Styles and Tommy Black were all on target in Devon to make the 520-mile round trip worthwhile, earning �4,000 in prize money.
Club chairman Colin McBride had been hoping for a plum tie against one of the Conference big boys, but a short trip to Ashford - who were relegated last season and then moved into the Southern League - presents a winnable tie for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, where another �5,000 will be on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch return to league action with a home game against Tooting tomorrow, looking to extend a nine-game unbeaten streak.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor