Hornchurch handed another away tie
Shorter Trophy trip for Urchins
Hornchurch were handed another away tie when the draw for the first round of the FA Trophy was made earlier today.
Urchins must visit former Ryman Premier Division rivals Ashford Town (Middx) next month, following their 3-0 win over Bideford at the weekend.
Rickie Hayles, Elliot Styles and Tommy Black were all on target in Devon to make the 520-mile round trip worthwhile, earning �4,000 in prize money.
Club chairman Colin McBride had been hoping for a plum tie against one of the Conference big boys, but a short trip to Ashford - who were relegated last season and then moved into the Southern League - presents a winnable tie for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, where another �5,000 will be on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch return to league action with a home game against Tooting tomorrow, looking to extend a nine-game unbeaten streak.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 6 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 7 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?