Hornchurch go hunting Magpies
Our guide to tonight’s action
Hornchurch head west to high-flying Conference South rivals Maidenhead tonight.
And, following their 1-1 draw with struggling Farnborough at the weekend, chairman Colin McBride feels they have to get something against the Magpies, who lost 2-0 at Dover on Saturday.
He said: “We’ve got to start turning draws into wins.
“Maidenhead will be big and pacey but we’ve got to get something.
You may also want to watch:
“If we can get a result and then against Havant on Saturday while some of the other teams are in the FA Cup... a couple of wins and we won’t be too far off the play-off places.”
Hornchurch unveiled their new shirt sponsor – ‘The Ring’ – before Saturday’s game and took an early lead thanks to Lewis Smith’s penalty.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 3 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 7 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 8 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
But Farnborough were soon back on terms and the home side were then frustrated in their search for a winner.
McBride added: “Their goalie made three or four great saves in the second half.
“We’re lacking goals at the moment, but we’ve got the third best goals against, despite a 4-0 drubbing at Bromley.”
Manager Jimmy McFarlane has added midfielder Ben Bowditch and striker Wayne Gray to his squad in an attempt to improve output.
And McBride said: “Hopefully Ben can nick some goals from midfield and Wayne from out wide or through the middle. They should a bit more firepower.”