Hornchurch go hunting Magpies
Our guide to tonight’s action
Hornchurch head west to high-flying Conference South rivals Maidenhead tonight.
And, following their 1-1 draw with struggling Farnborough at the weekend, chairman Colin McBride feels they have to get something against the Magpies, who lost 2-0 at Dover on Saturday.
He said: “We’ve got to start turning draws into wins.
“Maidenhead will be big and pacey but we’ve got to get something.
You may also want to watch:
“If we can get a result and then against Havant on Saturday while some of the other teams are in the FA Cup... a couple of wins and we won’t be too far off the play-off places.”
Hornchurch unveiled their new shirt sponsor – ‘The Ring’ – before Saturday’s game and took an early lead thanks to Lewis Smith’s penalty.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
But Farnborough were soon back on terms and the home side were then frustrated in their search for a winner.
McBride added: “Their goalie made three or four great saves in the second half.
“We’re lacking goals at the moment, but we’ve got the third best goals against, despite a 4-0 drubbing at Bromley.”
Manager Jimmy McFarlane has added midfielder Ben Bowditch and striker Wayne Gray to his squad in an attempt to improve output.
And McBride said: “Hopefully Ben can nick some goals from midfield and Wayne from out wide or through the middle. They should a bit more firepower.”