Hornchurch girl in the running for beauty pageant triumph
A Hornchurch schoolgirl is in the running to become Miss Teen Queen UK.
Niamh Bluemore, 13, is through to the semi-final of the national competition and is hoping to receive enough public votes to help her through to the final.
The beauty pageant final is due to be held next year and gives girls aged 13 to 19 a chance to win a modelling contract.
Niamh, a pupil at Sacred Heart of Mary’s Girls’ School in Upminster, said: “I have always been interested in modelling and this opportunity has enabled me to experience it first hand.
“It would be a dream to reach the final.”
You may also want to watch:
Her dad Steve said: “After entering the competition for fun, she is really excited to have made it through to the semi-final.
“She has done fantastically and reaching the final would be a great achievement.”
- 1 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 2 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
If you would like to vote for Niamh, call 0900 596 1000 and press 38 or text TQ38 to 81319.