Hornchurch fun day to support neuroblastoma girl
- Credit: Nicola Caton
A children’s play centre is to host a fun day fundraiser in aid of cancer tot Isla Caton this Saturday.
Staff at The Playground Softplay Café in Mungo Park Road, Hornchurch, hope the community will show their support at the fundraiser for the two-year-old girl, also of Hornchurch, who has stage four neuroblastoma.
The jam-packed event will include a nine-hole crazy golf course, pony rides, face-painting and photos with mascots Peppa Pig and George, plus Cinderella in the morning.
Centre owner Kerry Mead-Farmer said: “We are doing this for Isla and we are bringing the community together which is important.”
She added: I read her story in floods of tears because I believe it makes you realise that you can take things for granted and you don’t realise how lucky you are.”
Live singers, a raffle and refreshments will also be available during the event held from 10.30am to 4pm.
Isla was diagnosed with stage four neuroblastoma in March and is undergoing 15 months of chemotherapy and radiotherapy after the aggressive cancer spread to her bones and bone marrow.
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 7 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 8 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 9 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
Her parents are aiming to raise £192,000 to enable her to access immunotherapy in United States to prevent her cancer return once it is in remission.
To make a donation, visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/IslaCaton