Hornchurch firefighters rescue 17-year-old trapped in swing
Firefighters had to rescue a 17-year-old girl who got herself trapped in a swing.
Crews from Hornchurch fire station were called to the incident in St Andrew’s Park in Burn Way, Hornchurch today (Thursday May 3) at 2pm.
The teenager, is believed to have been trapped in the swing for half an hour before firefighters arrived.
She was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
A spokesman from the London Fire Brigade said: “She was really lucky that she did not hurt herself.
You may also want to watch:
“Teenagers should not be on a children’s swing because they can really hurt themselves and they also damage the swings.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’