Hornchurch fancy dress shop owner giving away hundreds of costumes
- Credit: Archant
by Paul Joyce
Would you like to relive Tudor times, or live long and prosper in Star Trek-themed uniforms, or have the urge to dance like MC Hammer?
You can dress as your favourite character after a fancy dress shop in Hornchurch decided to give away or sell most of its costumes.
Owner of Harlequin Fancy Dress shop, Paul Massarella, is refreshing his stock and is looking for suitable homes for some of the older costumes.
You may also want to watch:
They include Victorian, Tudor, cowboy and Indian outfits, or clothes from the 1950s to 1970s plus popular outfits including MC Hammer and sci-fi themed outfits such as Star Trek.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
Paul said: “Ideally we’d like to be giving these outfits to establishments that can make good use of them – schools, drama groups and similar productions that could benefit from the outfits. There’s nothing wrong with any of them, we’re just updating our stock to get the new 2013 clothes and accessories.”
Usually renting and hiring for £20 per adult costume or £10 per child, Mr Massarella will be selling certain outfits for half their normal price, and giving away many – first come, first served.
There will also be other accessories available, including different styles of shoes.
For information contact Paul on 01708 733469, or visit his shop at 71 Park Lane, Hornchurch.