Hornchurch family taking part in sponsored dog walk for St Francis Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A family and their four legged friend are gearing up to take part in a sponsored walk in aid of St Francis Hospice.
Claire Hickey from Hornchurch will be taking Spaniel cross Lola to the Woofs and Wellies dog walk in Hainault Forest on Sunday May 19 with sons Jospeh and Liam.
The family is walking in memory of a friend Andrew Brand, who recently received care from the Havering-atte-Bower hospice.
Claire said: “My sons love dogs and when we found out about the walk we decided to sign up and do our bit to help the hospice.
“I think it’s a lovely idea, something that families can enjoy together and we are looking forward to the walk.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew had spend three weeks an inpatient at the hospice before he passed away.
The 3.5km morning dog walk will begin in Lambourne End Outdoor Centre. Places are £5 per person and should be booked in advance.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
To take part call 01708 771405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.sfh.org.uk.
To sponsor the Hickey family visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/thehickeys