Hornchurch family meet Olympian Karina Bryant on day out to Olympic Park
A family who missed out on tickets to the Olympic stadium bumped into an Olympian during their visit to the Olympic Park.
Myra Cox says that her daughter, Charlotte and grandchildren, six-year-old Rheannon and Aaron Cox, four from Aldwych Close, Hornchurch were over the moon to meet Team GB’s bronze medalist Karina Bryant on Saturday August 11.
Myra, 52 said: “We couldn’t get tickets to go into the stadium, but the kids were over the moon to meet Karina Bryant.”
The family were enjoying a picnic in the Olympic Park when they were feet away from Karina Bryant who won a bronze medal in judo on August 3.
As she made her way back to the Olympic Village, Karina stopped off to talk to Rheannon and Aaron showing them her medal and even posing for a photo with the youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
Myra says that meeting Karina was one of the highlights of the day, she said: “She was really genuine, Aaron is very young but she bent down so that she was on his level.
“She was with us for a good ten minutes and then when she left us she went over to some other families and were playing with the babies and having a chat with everyone.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations