Hornchurch chairman hopeful
McBride: Play-offs are possible
Hornchurch chairman Colin McBride says his club can qualify for the Ryman Premier Division play-offs this season.
Urchins slipped to 10th place after only taking a point from games against top two Bury and Sutton.
They visit Billericay tomorrow and host Aveley on Tuesday in two Essex derbies, but McBride is confident.
He said: “The play-offs are still there for the taking. There are 16 games to go and 48 points to play for and I think we probably need about 35-36 to get in.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re capable of doing that, but these are two important games coming up.
“They’re two local games, which puts an extra edge on it and Billericay have come back into form. Carl [Griffiths] has livened Aveley up a bit and there are not too many easy games.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
“If we can get six points then all of a sudden, it’s not a bad position for us, but they are going to be tough.”