Hornchurch chairman hopeful
McBride: Play-offs are possible
Hornchurch chairman Colin McBride says his club can qualify for the Ryman Premier Division play-offs this season.
Urchins slipped to 10th place after only taking a point from games against top two Bury and Sutton.
They visit Billericay tomorrow and host Aveley on Tuesday in two Essex derbies, but McBride is confident.
He said: “The play-offs are still there for the taking. There are 16 games to go and 48 points to play for and I think we probably need about 35-36 to get in.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re capable of doing that, but these are two important games coming up.
“They’re two local games, which puts an extra edge on it and Billericay have come back into form. Carl [Griffiths] has livened Aveley up a bit and there are not too many easy games.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
“If we can get six points then all of a sudden, it’s not a bad position for us, but they are going to be tough.”