Hornchurch chairman hopeful
McBride: Play-offs are possible
Hornchurch chairman Colin McBride says his club can qualify for the Ryman Premier Division play-offs this season.
Urchins slipped to 10th place after only taking a point from games against top two Bury and Sutton.
They visit Billericay tomorrow and host Aveley on Tuesday in two Essex derbies, but McBride is confident.
He said: “The play-offs are still there for the taking. There are 16 games to go and 48 points to play for and I think we probably need about 35-36 to get in.
“We’re capable of doing that, but these are two important games coming up.
“They’re two local games, which puts an extra edge on it and Billericay have come back into form. Carl [Griffiths] has livened Aveley up a bit and there are not too many easy games.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
“If we can get six points then all of a sudden, it’s not a bad position for us, but they are going to be tough.”