Hornchurch centre for young people with disabilities celebrates “outstanding” Ofsted report
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a specialist centre for young people with disabilities are celebrating after being graded as “outstanding” by Ofsted inspectors.
CMG Lilliputs in Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch was praised by the inspectors for how its staff know the young people they care for, and for their willingness to “go the extra mile” in delivering care.
Leanne Howard, Deputy Manager of CMG Lilliputs, said: “Although the job can be difficult at times, it’s really rewarding, and it’s heart-warming to see the positive impact that our work has on the children we care for. Their attitude and achievements are truly inspirational.
“We’re delighted to have been once again recognised as ‘Outstanding’, but determined not to rest on our laurels.”
The centre was also complimented for helping the young people it cares for to lead varied and active lives through the wide range of activities on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Ofsted’s ratings systems were made more rigorous last September, making Lilliputs’ achievement all the more remarkable.
The centre was also awarded the ‘Excellence in Intensive Interaction’ award at CMG’s 2012 ceremony.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 5 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 6 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
Carol Morrell, Manager of CMG Lilliputs, said: “The Ofsted report was recognition of the fantastic work that goes on at Lilliputs every day.
“Although some might have been phased by the increasingly rigorous inspections, we see them as a challenge - the higher the standards are set, the better the care we can give to our young people.”