Hornchurch carpet shop’s off-cuts sale for charity
A Hornchurch carpet store shows that it really lives up to its slogan as ‘The Company that cares’ after it pledges to raise more than �1500 for three children’s charities.
Clarkes Flooring of Hornchurch Road, Hornchurch will be selling around 100 good quality carpet remnants over a two-day sale for charity. The carpet store pledges to divide the money between children’s charities Little Haven, First Steps of Hornchurch and Have a Heart.
Tim Clarke, 61, the owner and chairman of the company said: “We are aiming to raise around �1500 through the sale. I think it’s good to give something back to the community – especially by helping out children.
“We have some good quality carpet remnants which are up to 6’x12’ in size and they will sell for a minimum of �10.”
The charity sell-off will take place on Sunday, January 15, from 10am – 4pm and will finish the next day, Monday, January 16, from 9am – 8pm. Coffee and cakes will be on offer as well to raise money.
You may also want to watch:
Tim aims to sell off some stock to make room for his new venture starting in spring 2012. Tim will turn 2,500 sq ft of floor space into a furniture showroom which will showcase 13 room sets containing flooring, wallpaper, mirrors, curtains, fireplaces and lighting.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'