Hornchurch boss to leave it late
Essex Senior Cup; Hornchurch v Billericay
Hornchurch manager Jimmy McFarlane will make a late decision on his team for tonight’s clash with Billericay at Bridge Avenue.
The Urchins camp has been hit by illness in recent days, with several players under the weather during their 3-1 Conference South defeat at Staines on Saturday.
McFarlane has also been suffering himself, but he is gunning for revenge against Billericay following Hornchurch’s FA Cup exit at New Lodge last month.
He said: “I want to play my strongest side possible, but we’ve been hit by illness.
You may also want to watch:
“Five or six of them were suffering with a virus on Saturday and I’ll give everyone until 6pm tonight to see how they feel.
“Billericay are our biggest rivals, without a doubt, but I get on alright with Craig (Edwards).
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 87-room care home on Ardleigh Green college site granted permission
“From 7.45-9.45pm tonight he will be the enemy, but I think we had the lion’s share in the last game.
“We hadn’t lost in five matches but you’re only as good as your last game and ours wasn’t good enough.”