Hornchurch boss to leave it late
Essex Senior Cup; Hornchurch v Billericay
Hornchurch manager Jimmy McFarlane will make a late decision on his team for tonight’s clash with Billericay at Bridge Avenue.
The Urchins camp has been hit by illness in recent days, with several players under the weather during their 3-1 Conference South defeat at Staines on Saturday.
McFarlane has also been suffering himself, but he is gunning for revenge against Billericay following Hornchurch’s FA Cup exit at New Lodge last month.
He said: “I want to play my strongest side possible, but we’ve been hit by illness.
You may also want to watch:
“Five or six of them were suffering with a virus on Saturday and I’ll give everyone until 6pm tonight to see how they feel.
“Billericay are our biggest rivals, without a doubt, but I get on alright with Craig (Edwards).
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
“From 7.45-9.45pm tonight he will be the enemy, but I think we had the lion’s share in the last game.
“We hadn’t lost in five matches but you’re only as good as your last game and ours wasn’t good enough.”