Hornchurch boss happy with schedule
McFarlane relishing festive foursome
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane is relishing his side’s busy Christmas schedule in Conference South.
Urchins, following their 3-0 win over Basingstoke last weekend, are due to visit high-flying Dover tomorrow and welcome Welling to Bridge Avenue on Boxing Day.
And after hosting Billericay tomorrow week, they face a return trip to Welling on New Year’s Day.
McFarlane said: “As a player I used to look forward to these games. No disrespect to other sides, but what better Christmas fixtures could we have had?
You may also want to watch:
“I’d be delighted with 12 points, but you have to take each game as it comes. If we don’t get something from one, the next game is even more important.
“We lost 1-0 to Dover at our place to a deflected free-kick, but we were the better side that day.”
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
Leon McKenzie netted twice against Basingstoke to take his tally for the season to nine.
And Wayne Gray was also on target, deflecting a Lewis Smith shot home, as Urchins climbed up to 12th.
McFarlane is hoping they can keep climbing over the next 11 days, adding: “It’s a big pitch at Dover and we’re plenty fit enough.
“I’m looking forward to all four games. They’re all tough games, but they’re what we cane into this league for, to play in big games.”