Hornchurch boss happy with Hunt
McFarlane praise for two-goal hero
Jimmy McFarlane had praise for two-goal Jonathan Hunt after Hornchurch’s 2-1 win at Ryman Premier rivals Cray at the weekend.
Hunt opened the scoring from the spot, then saw an inswinging cross deceive home keeper Dave King and find the far corner before the hosts grabbed a late reply.
And McFarlane says former Birmingham man Hunt, 39, is looking good again after injury.
He said: “It has been coming with Hunty.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s getting stronger and getting more match fitness and is back to where he was last season.”
Hunt helped get Urchins into the play-off picture last term, before a knee injury saw him miss the final months of the campaign and the team squeezed out of the top five.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
“We thoroughly deserved to win,” added McFarlane. “Their manager had no qualms at all and I think 2-1 flattered them. We should’ve been 3-0 or 4-0 up at half-time.”