Hornchurch boss happy with Hunt
McFarlane praise for two-goal hero
Jimmy McFarlane had praise for two-goal Jonathan Hunt after Hornchurch’s 2-1 win at Ryman Premier rivals Cray at the weekend.
Hunt opened the scoring from the spot, then saw an inswinging cross deceive home keeper Dave King and find the far corner before the hosts grabbed a late reply.
And McFarlane says former Birmingham man Hunt, 39, is looking good again after injury.
He said: “It has been coming with Hunty.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s getting stronger and getting more match fitness and is back to where he was last season.”
Hunt helped get Urchins into the play-off picture last term, before a knee injury saw him miss the final months of the campaign and the team squeezed out of the top five.
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 8 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 9 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 10 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
“We thoroughly deserved to win,” added McFarlane. “Their manager had no qualms at all and I think 2-1 flattered them. We should’ve been 3-0 or 4-0 up at half-time.”