Hornchurch boss happy with draw
Extra incentive for FA Trophy replay
Hornchurch were today handed a trip to Grimsby Town in the second round of the FA Trophy - if they can overcome Farnborough in Wednesday’s replay.
Urchins battled to a goalless draw against Conference South Farnborough on Saturday, despite seeing Lewis Smith sent off for two bookable offences in the first half.
The two sides must meet again and Hornchurch manager Jimmy McFarlane says today’s draw gives them added incentive.
He said: “It’s a bit of a trek, but it’s a good draw for us.
You may also want to watch:
“Ronnie Fletcher said it’s pretty bleak, but we won’t be going for a holiday.
“It will be a bigger crowd and we’re better away from home.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 4 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 8 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre
“I was pleased with Saturday. We still played well with 10 men and did everything but score.
“I had a report on them and it was spot on. It said they were a young, hardworking side that just do the same things. That’s how they are and what we’ll work on for Wednesday.”