Hornchurch and Upminster MP Angela Watkinson praises Drapers’ Academy, Harold Hill, in Prime Minister’s Questions
Hornchurch and Upminster MP Angela Watkinson put Drapers’ Academy in the spotlight during this week’s Prime Minister’s Questions.
Ms Watkinson praised the school as a “wonderful example of the government’s academy scheme”, drawing attention to its successes this year.
“Will the Prime Minister join me in congratulating Drapers’ Academy, which is in the most deprived ward in my constituency?” she said during the session on Wednesday.
“In only its second year, it has become the fastest improving school in the country.”
David Cameron said he joined Ms Watkinson in congratulating Drapers’.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Matthew Slater said he was “delighted” with the school’s attention in parliament.
“We’re very pleased our MP is able to support us in this way,” he told the Recorder. “We are making progress in the school and if that gets recognition that’s wonderful for our children.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
“With Her Majesty the Queen opening the school last month, 2012 is our year.”