Hornchurch and Upminster MP Angela Watkinson praises Drapers’ Academy, Harold Hill, in Prime Minister’s Questions
Hornchurch and Upminster MP Angela Watkinson put Drapers’ Academy in the spotlight during this week’s Prime Minister’s Questions.
Ms Watkinson praised the school as a “wonderful example of the government’s academy scheme”, drawing attention to its successes this year.
“Will the Prime Minister join me in congratulating Drapers’ Academy, which is in the most deprived ward in my constituency?” she said during the session on Wednesday.
“In only its second year, it has become the fastest improving school in the country.”
David Cameron said he joined Ms Watkinson in congratulating Drapers’.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Matthew Slater said he was “delighted” with the school’s attention in parliament.
“We’re very pleased our MP is able to support us in this way,” he told the Recorder. “We are making progress in the school and if that gets recognition that’s wonderful for our children.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 7 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 8 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
“With Her Majesty the Queen opening the school last month, 2012 is our year.”